Most Active Stories
- National Grid says supply costs, cold temperatures impacted winter electric rate spikes
- New teachers union president wants to increase union's political potency
- Death is hard, but hospice can help patients and families
- App turns social media posts into charity dollars
- Education historian lashes out against Common Core during Syracuse visit
Help with Online Listening
WRVO Public Media is available online via the Internet and mobile devices including Android, iPhone and iPad. By clicking on the appropriate link at WRVO.org you can select from three program streams. Each will launch a streaming player that serves the same function as a traditional radio receiver. This service is free.
Added functionality is available from our free iPhone, iPad and Android apps. The iPhone and Droid app, available free from the iTunes App Store and Google Play, allow you to rewind programs you are listening to at any given time. You can select from any of our three program streams; WRVO-1, the NPR news programming aired over the broadcast station network; WRVO-2, PRX Remix, an ongoing stream of the best independently produced public radio features from around the country; and WRVO-3, WRVO International which features programs from the BBC.
The iPad app launches a player that includes a list of hundreds of episodes of various WRVO programs available for download on demand. When an available program is launched the app brings up a related web page.
For assistance with any of our online player options, contact Jeff Windsor, Director of Technical Services.