Most Active Stories
- National Grid says supply costs, cold temperatures impacted winter electric rate spikes
- New teachers union president wants to increase union's political potency
- App turns social media posts into charity dollars
- Death is hard, but hospice can help patients and families
- Education historian lashes out against Common Core during Syracuse visit
Ammad Omar is an editor on NPR's Tell Me More with Michel Martin.
Omar appears weekly on the program to talk with host Michel Martin in the "BackTalk" segment, a portion of the show highlighting listener feedback and giving updates on stories. He works with the rest of the Tell Me More staff to come up with story and interview ideas, and write and edit scripts.
Prior to joining NPR in 2011, Omar worked at WBEZ - Chicago Public Radio for five years serving as a morning news producer, news desk editor managing a team of reporters and producers, and as a program host occasionally filling in as the local All Things Considered and Morning Edition host.