Most Active Stories
- Crashed Air Force drone was flying with gear that couldn't handle cold
- Empire Brewing Company says new brewery will create distinctive craft beers
- Schumer hopes federal funds will help local brewpub expand
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Small group protests possibility of housing Central American immigrants in Syraucse
Brian Ungers satirical reports on culture and politics can currently be heard regularly on NPR.
Unger began his career in broadcasting at WOUB in Athens, Ohio. He then turned his back on Ohio and public radio to fetch David Lettermans lunch. Thats what interns considered dignified work at NBC.
It was all downhill from there: Unger was tapped to produce the series Obstetrics & Gynecology Update for Lifetime Medical Television. After 26 episodes, Unger left the show and struck out on his own to produce documentary profiles on U.S. war veterans dating back to World War I.