Most Active Stories
- National Grid says supply costs, cold temperatures impacted winter electric rate spikes
- New teachers union president wants to increase union's political potency
- Death is hard, but hospice can help patients and families
- App turns social media posts into charity dollars
- Groups call growing oil shipments in NY Cuomo's "Keystone" moment
NPR listeners often ask, "What is her name anyway — Keema Leski, Kim Alesky, Kay Marlenski, or what?" Her name is Kee Malesky, nee Christine Mary Shields, of Brooklyn, N.Y. The "Christine" became "Kee" when her youngest sister learned to talk, and because she thought it was a really cool name, she stuck with it.
Award-winning journalist Neal Conan is the host of Talk of the Nation, the national news-talk call-in show from NPR News. Conan brings three decades of news and radio experience to the show, which reaches 3.4 million listeners a week on more than 300 NPR member stations.