Most Active Stories
- Crashed Air Force drone was flying with gear that couldn't handle cold
- Schumer hopes federal funds will help local brewpub expand
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Small group protests possibility of housing Central American immigrants in Syraucse
- Air Force plane found deep below Lake Ontario from 1952 crash
Amy Dickinson is a syndicated advice columnist, penning the "Ask Amy" column, which appears in over 100 newspapers. She is a panelist on NPR's Wait Wait... Don't Tell Me! Her commentaries and radio stories also have been featured on All Things Considered.
She grew up on a small dairy farm in the Finger Lakes district of New York. Her father wanted his three daughters to be farmers but gave up on them when they refused to compete in the local Dairy Princess pageant. Her large family has lived in and around her hometown (pop. 450) continuously since the Revolutionary War. She has described them as "hilarious, short-waisted Methodists."