Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Remington Arms' owner breaks silence on state's gun laws
- New York's "local" beef, often not as local as you think
- The WRVO MemberCard Thank You! Tour
- Rally hopes to shed light on diagnosis and treatment of Lyme disease
- Seven years of spinning turbines have brought windfall to Lewis County communities
Karen DeWitt is Capitol Bureau Chief for New York State Public Radio, a network of 10 public radio stations in New York State. She has covered state government and politics for the network since 1990.
She is also a regular contributor to the statewide public television program about New York State government, New York Now. She appears on the reporter’s roundtable segment, and interviews newsmakers.
Karen previously worked for WINS Radio, New York, and has written for numerous publications, including Adirondack Life and the Albany newsweekly Metroland.
She is a past recipient of the prestigious Walter T. Brown Memorial award for excellence in journalism, from the Legislative Correspondents Association, and was named Media Person of the Year for 2009 by the Women’s Press Club of New York State.
Karen is a graduate of the State University of New York at Geneseo.