Most Active Stories
- Crashed Air Force drone was flying with gear that couldn't handle cold
- Schumer hopes federal funds will help local brewpub expand
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Small group protests possibility of housing Central American immigrants in Syraucse
- Air Force plane found deep below Lake Ontario from 1952 crash
Lisa Mullins hosts the American broadcast of the BBC documentary series "The Changing World, " which focuses on such issues as Muslims and modernity, and the black market trade in guns. She co-produced "The Vegetable Chronicles, " an award-winning series of public radio documentaries about diet and disease. For six years, Mullins hosted the American broadcast of the annual Vienna Philharmonic's New Year's Day concert.
Public radio program directors nationwide have praised Mullins as one of the best announcers in public radio. She received the bronze award for "Best Network Anchor" in the New York Festival's international radio competition, and "Boston Magazine" honored her with its Best Radio Voice Award. Mullins has won numerous other awards, including the Golden Reel Award in the category "National News and Public Affairs" from the National Federation of Community Broadcasters.