Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- Audio postcard: Sackets Harbor choral group rehearses
- Winter storm brings heavy snow to the region
- Closings and cancelations for Wednesday
- Oswego County nuclear plant shut down for the second time in less than a week
When he's not in The Animal House, Sam -- a broadcaster for 35 years and counting -- is an anchor and reporter at CBS News.
Sam also hosts and produces the radio series Sound Sessions from Smithsonian Folkways, and he's currently working on a series of radio shows on the history of journalism for the George Washington University's Global Media Institute and the Newseum.
Sam sometimes fills in for Charles Osgood on The Osgood File on the CBS Radio Network.
The Animal House is a weekly discussion that explores the latest in animal science, pet behavior, and wildlife conservation. We hope to deepen human understanding of animals and explain the powerful bonds that link us to the animal world. Our goal is to be fun, substantive, and appealing to a broad audience -- both those with pets and those without them.