Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Beginning of college marks transition period for students and parents
- North Country lawmaker, group, working to save Fort Drum jobs
- Syracuse University named top campus for LGBT students
- Classic midway prize missing from this year's state fair
- Teachout blasts Time Warner-Comcast merger, says she would stop it if elected
Susan Arbetter is the Albany-based State Capitol Correspondent and News & Public Affairs Director for WCNY Syracuse Public Television. Based full-time at the Capitol in Albany, Arbetter hosts and produces The Capitol Pressroom. Her political analysis can also be heard regularly on North Country Public Radio.
Prior to her move to WCNY in September 2009, Susan created, hosted, and produced the Edward R. Murrow Award-winning New York Now, the leading statewide government and public affairs TV program in New York State.
Before making the leap to television in April 2007, Susan created, hosted, and produced the award-winning "Roundtable Show" on WAMC Northeast Public Radio.
From the State Capitol in Albany, award-winning public radio host Susan Arbetter guides listeners through the maze of New York state politics and public affairs, cutting through the jargon to make sense of even the most complex issues. Arbetter infuses the show with personality and humor, giving listeners a chance to enjoy lively conversations with elected officials, political reporters, activists and analysts. Governor Andrew Cuomo is a regular guest and the timely shows stay abreast of critical issues and current events.