Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Offshore wind energy faces setbacks in Great Lakes
- Fireman's Association says leave the pyrotechnics to the professionals
- Severe storms kill 3 people in Madison County, damage homes, cause power outages throughout region
- Susan Wood and Thomas Drake on The Campbell Conversations
- Red to green: Syracuse working to upgrade traffic signal system
A graduate of the Medill School of Journalism at Northwestern University in Evanston, Ill., Vigeland is a familiar voice to Marketplace and Marketplace Money listeners. She is a longtime public radio veteran, both as a reporter and host. Vigeland served as host of Marketplace Morning Report for three-and-a-half years and as substitute host on Marketplace.
Prior to joining the team at Marketplace, Vigeland reported and anchored for Oregon Public Broadcasting radio and television in Portland and at WBUR radio in Boston. She has covered numerous national and international stories, including the Northern Ireland peace talks in Belfast, the New England mob trials and the separate but tandem scandals around former U.S. Senator Bob Packwood and figure skater Tonya Harding.
Vigeland has earned numerous awards in her reporting career, including five Associated Press awards and three from the Society of Professional Journalists. For her coverage of the Packwood scandal, she received a Corporation for Public Broadcasting Silver Award.