Most Active Stories
- Some billing relief for National Grid customers after bitter winter
- Cortland among counties to pull out of SAFE Act pilot program
- Wegmans takes a stance on genetically modified food
- Groups call growing oil shipments in NY Cuomo's "Keystone" moment
- Nuclear waste facility in political and environmental limbo
37 Years And Halfway Through Encyclopaedia Iranica
In 1974, Columbia University Professor Ehsan Yarshater began a comprehensive encyclopedia of Iranian history. Now, he's 91 years old and at the letter 'K.' Guest host Jacki Lyden discusses the project's scope and significance with Yarshater and contributor Ahmad Karimi-Hakkak, director of the Roshan Center for Persian Studies at the University of Maryland.