Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- BP killing Cape Vincent Wind Farm
- Geddes town supervisor talks SAFE Act with Cuomo
- Growing plants from seed ensures getting what you paid for
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
More News From WRVO
AG Cuomo Touts Gov't Reform Website
By Ryan Morden
Clay, NY – New York state Attorney General Andrew Cuomo hit the road yesterday to showcase a new website to go along with his government consolidation bill, which passed last month.
Cuomo says the site makes it easy for citizens to initiate the process if they want to merge local government entities.
He says the number of entities keep increasing as populations in the state keep decreasing, and says that's a problem because it adds to the tax burden.
In a demonstration of the website, he pointed out how many local governments there in various central New York counties.
He says the site has interactive maps, sample petitions to help citizens initiate the process, and step-by-step instructions on how the process works.
Click HERE to visit the Reform NY website.