Most Active Stories
- Empire Brewing Company says new brewery will create distinctive craft beers
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Duffy will keep thoughts to himself on Moreland Commission
- Novelis defends itself in court against allegations of influencing union vote
- Tell Me More will leave WRVO's midday schedule; Q with Jian Ghomeshi moves in
More News From WRVO
AIDS at 30: More about teens and less about adults
By Ellen Abbott/WRVO
SYRACUSE, NY – It has been nearly 30 years since Americans first heard of the disease that would come to be called AIDS.
There used to be a focus on sexually active adults and drug users as a way to try to control the spread of the illness.
Now, three decades later, the focus is shifting to young people.
WRVO's Ellen Abbott takes a look back at a deadly disease, introduces us to people living with AIDS today, and looks ahead to what the next 30 years might bring.