Most Active Stories
- Crashed Air Force drone was flying with gear that couldn't handle cold
- Empire Brewing Company says new brewery will create distinctive craft beers
- Schumer hopes federal funds will help local brewpub expand
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Small group protests possibility of housing Central American immigrants in Syraucse
More News From WRVO
AIDS at 30: More about teens and less about adults
By Ellen Abbott/WRVO
SYRACUSE, NY – It has been nearly 30 years since Americans first heard of the disease that would come to be called AIDS.
There used to be a focus on sexually active adults and drug users as a way to try to control the spread of the illness.
Now, three decades later, the focus is shifting to young people.
WRVO's Ellen Abbott takes a look back at a deadly disease, introduces us to people living with AIDS today, and looks ahead to what the next 30 years might bring.