Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- BP killing Cape Vincent Wind Farm
- Audio postcard: Sackets Harbor choral group rehearses
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
- Geddes town supervisor talks SAFE Act with Cuomo
More News From WRVO
Albany: Budget Progress and Earth Day Protest
By Elizabeth Christensen
Albany, NY – Governor Pataki and legislative leaders will meet again today.
Schools may get an I.O.U from the state legislature this week when both houses restore nearly $ 2 billion in education cuts in Pataki's budget.
Districts must present budgets to voters soon, taking the cuts into account.
Also brewing at the state capitol today, a major Earth Day rally. A coalition of more than 50 environmental groups will hold their lobby day today.
A noontime rally will encourage the decommissioning of the Indian Point Nuclear site. The protestors will also ask for the clean up of brownfield sites.