Most Active Stories
- Empire Brewing Company says new brewery will create distinctive craft beers
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Duffy will keep thoughts to himself on Moreland Commission
- Tell Me More will leave WRVO's midday schedule; Q with Jian Ghomeshi moves in
- Novelis defends itself in court against allegations of influencing union vote
More News From WRVO
The Alliance For Quality Education Targets State Senators
By Dave Bullard
Oswego, NY – Area State Senators Darrel Aubertine and Dave Valesky are two of the targets of a statewide education group's pressure campaign.
The Alliance for Quality Education is sending people door-to-door in four state Senate districts to try to get the Senators to put more money in the state budget for education.
Billy Easton heads the Alliance for Quality Education.
"The State Senate as a whole is just not dealing with the fact that times on Wall Street are booming once again after we bailed them out and we should be asking folks on Wall Street to help out our school children and our local property tax payers and they're simply refusing to deal with that," said Easton
Easton says Aubertine and Valesky, both Democrats, were targeted because they've supported higher education aid in the past.
Easton believes the campaign has already begun to produce phone calls to the Senators' offices from taxpayers.