Most Active Stories
- Crashed Air Force drone was flying with gear that couldn't handle cold
- Schumer hopes federal funds will help local brewpub expand
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Small group protests possibility of housing Central American immigrants in Syraucse
- Air Force plane found deep below Lake Ontario from 1952 crash
More News From WRVO
The Alliance For Quality Education Targets State Senators
By Dave Bullard
Oswego, NY – Area State Senators Darrel Aubertine and Dave Valesky are two of the targets of a statewide education group's pressure campaign.
The Alliance for Quality Education is sending people door-to-door in four state Senate districts to try to get the Senators to put more money in the state budget for education.
Billy Easton heads the Alliance for Quality Education.
"The State Senate as a whole is just not dealing with the fact that times on Wall Street are booming once again after we bailed them out and we should be asking folks on Wall Street to help out our school children and our local property tax payers and they're simply refusing to deal with that," said Easton
Easton says Aubertine and Valesky, both Democrats, were targeted because they've supported higher education aid in the past.
Easton believes the campaign has already begun to produce phone calls to the Senators' offices from taxpayers.