Most Active Stories
- Adams company dominates the runway business
- Oswego revokes Brookfield's right to post warning signs along Oswego River
- Sleeping off the weight: new research on the relationship between sleep and your metabolism
- City vs. suburban divide apparent from future of I-81 surveys
- Peter Waite and Marsha Tait on the Campbell Conversations
Public Radio Presents
America Abroad - Afghanistan After Karzai
Join us on Sunday, April 27 at 7:00 p.m. as we bring you a conversation on the future of Afghanistan. With Afghans currently choosing a successor to President Hamid Karzai, America Abroad, DC public radio station WAMU 88.5 and Afghanistan channel TOLOnews connected audiences, along with a panel of experts in Washington and Kabul, for an international town hall.
Participants in both cities debated the future of the US-Afghan relationship, women's rights and education, reconciliation with the Taliban, and regional peace and stability as President Karzai steps down and international forces begin to withdraw from the country.
The town hall was co-hosted by WAMU's Kojo Nnamdi in DC and TOLOnews host Mujib Mashal in Kabul.
- Ryan Sparks: Served as the Commanding Officer of Company B, 1st Battalion, 6th Marines during US surge operations in Marjah, Afghanistan in 2010, and is the recipient of two Purple Hearts
- Mark Jacobson: Senior Transatlantic Fellow at The German Marshall Fund, Navy Reserves intelligence officer, former Defense Department official and former advisor to General Stanley McChrystal and General David Petraeus in Afghanistan
- Fawzia Koofi: Member of Parliament in Afghanistan and women's rights activist
- Lotfullah Najafizada: Head of TOLOnews TV in Kabul, Afghanistan