Most Active Stories
- Groups call growing oil shipments in NY Cuomo's "Keystone" moment
- National Grid says supply costs, cold temperatures impacted winter electric rate spikes
- Nuclear waste facility in political and environmental limbo
- Death is hard, but hospice can help patients and families
- App turns social media posts into charity dollars
Amid Extremism, Muslims Take Up Nonviolence
Radical U.S.-born cleric, Anwar al-Awlaki, was killed Friday in a U.S. drone strike in Yemen. He inspired plots to attack Americans, including the Fort Hood shooting and the 2009 Christmas plot to blow up an airplane. But author and human rights lawyer Arsalan Iftikhar says al-Awlaki represents an extreme minority, and a majority of Muslims prescribe to a peaceful side of Islam. He speaks with Michel Martin about his new book, Islamic Pacifism: Global Muslims in the Post-Osama Era..