Most Active Stories
- Empire Brewing Company says new brewery will create distinctive craft beers
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Duffy will keep thoughts to himself on Moreland Commission
- Tell Me More will leave WRVO's midday schedule; Q with Jian Ghomeshi moves in
- Novelis defends itself in court against allegations of influencing union vote
Amid Extremism, Muslims Take Up Nonviolence
Radical U.S.-born cleric, Anwar al-Awlaki, was killed Friday in a U.S. drone strike in Yemen. He inspired plots to attack Americans, including the Fort Hood shooting and the 2009 Christmas plot to blow up an airplane. But author and human rights lawyer Arsalan Iftikhar says al-Awlaki represents an extreme minority, and a majority of Muslims prescribe to a peaceful side of Islam. He speaks with Michel Martin about his new book, Islamic Pacifism: Global Muslims in the Post-Osama Era..