Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- BP killing Cape Vincent Wind Farm
- Geddes town supervisor talks SAFE Act with Cuomo
- Growing plants from seed ensures getting what you paid for
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
Amid Extremism, Muslims Take Up Nonviolence
Radical U.S.-born cleric, Anwar al-Awlaki, was killed Friday in a U.S. drone strike in Yemen. He inspired plots to attack Americans, including the Fort Hood shooting and the 2009 Christmas plot to blow up an airplane. But author and human rights lawyer Arsalan Iftikhar says al-Awlaki represents an extreme minority, and a majority of Muslims prescribe to a peaceful side of Islam. He speaks with Michel Martin about his new book, Islamic Pacifism: Global Muslims in the Post-Osama Era..