Most Active Stories
- Syracuse Hancock International Airport is looking west for continued growth
- Very contagious respiratory virus affecting children expected to hit central New York soon
- Keeping cool: how to treat hot flashes
- Contagious respiratory virus hits three children in central New York
- Environmentalists gear up for weekend climate change march in New York City
More News From WRVO
Anti-Gambling Coaltion Allowed to Continue With Suit
By Elizabeth Christensen
Albany, NY – An anti-gambling coalition will be allowed to go ahead with their lawsuit challenging a state law that would greatly expand gaming in New York.
Supreme Court Justice Joseph Teresi says the law, which, among other thing, would allow video slots at horse racing tracks, is "ripe for judicial review."
The Pataki administration tried to have the suit, filed by a coalition of groups including the Saratoga Chamber of Commerce, thrown out. They said it was premature since the groups couldn't prove that any industry would be harmed by expanded casino gambling.