Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- BP killing Cape Vincent Wind Farm
- Audio postcard: Sackets Harbor choral group rehearses
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
- Geddes town supervisor talks SAFE Act with Cuomo
Ants in Space
By Chris Ulanowski
Syracuse, NY –
The Space Shuttle Columbia blasted off into Space Thursday carrying a science experiment developed by students at Syracuse's Fowler High School. The project is aimed at determining the effect of zero-gravity on the behavior of ants.
Syracuse University's L-C Smith College of Engineering and Computer Science is assisting the Fowler students. Associate Dean Eric Spina explained the significance of the project to WRVO's Chris Ulanowski.