Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- BP killing Cape Vincent Wind Farm
- Geddes town supervisor talks SAFE Act with Cuomo
- Growing plants from seed ensures getting what you paid for
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
More News From WRVO
Area Congressman Weighs in on Election
By Chris Ulanowski
Syracuse, NY – Syracuse area congressman James Walsh believes the slim majority Republicans will hold in the U.S. Senate will help get key legislation approved in congress next year.
He concedes that the Democratic loss diminishes any of the clout gained by New York two Senators, Charles Schumer and Hillary Rodham Clinton, but says they can turn to him to help benefit New York State.
The veteran house Republican plans to continue serving as the chair of a key subcommittee that allows him to bring millions to Central New York.
Walsh was first elected in 1986. He father, William Walsh, served in congress throughout the 1960s.
Click on the icon above to hear comments from Congressman James Walsh on the election.