Most Active Stories
- Empire Brewing Company says new brewery will create distinctive craft beers
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Duffy will keep thoughts to himself on Moreland Commission
- No bones about it, Utica College students learn more than anthropology in Albania
- Novelis defends itself in court against allegations of influencing union vote
Around the Nation
Arizona Officials Find Cartwheels Distracting
Originally published on Fri June 6, 2014 11:09 am
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Steve Inskeep with a test of the limits of free expression. Arizona's Maricopa Association of Governments ordered Dianne Barker to stop performing cartwheels at public meetings. She's 65 and apparently good at them. She does cartwheels to promote the benefits of walking. An attorney has written her demanding that she stop this disruptive practice but she has insisted she has a...
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
All right, here we go, Steve. Woohoo.
INSKEEP: ...David, that was an amazing cartwheel, but it's distracting.
INSKEEP: It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.