Most Active Stories
- Crashed Air Force drone was flying with gear that couldn't handle cold
- Schumer hopes federal funds will help local brewpub expand
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Small group protests possibility of housing Central American immigrants in Syraucse
- Air Force plane found deep below Lake Ontario from 1952 crash
Around the Nation
Arizona Officials Find Cartwheels Distracting
Originally published on Fri June 6, 2014 11:09 am
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Steve Inskeep with a test of the limits of free expression. Arizona's Maricopa Association of Governments ordered Dianne Barker to stop performing cartwheels at public meetings. She's 65 and apparently good at them. She does cartwheels to promote the benefits of walking. An attorney has written her demanding that she stop this disruptive practice but she has insisted she has a...
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
All right, here we go, Steve. Woohoo.
INSKEEP: ...David, that was an amazing cartwheel, but it's distracting.
INSKEEP: It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.