Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- BP killing Cape Vincent Wind Farm
- Geddes town supervisor talks SAFE Act with Cuomo
- Growing plants from seed ensures getting what you paid for
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
More News From WRVO
Arrests Made in Erin Maxwell Case
By Jason Smith
Oswego, NY – The step-brother of an 11 year old Oswego County girl who died in August has been charged with second degree murder, while her father and step-mother face lesser charges.
27 year old Alan Jones has been charged with second degree murder. He was arraigned this morning in Oswego County Court and is being held on $100,000 bail.
Court papers indicate that Erin Maxwell was strangled with a rope.
Her father, Lindsey Maxwell, and step-mother, Lynn Maxwell, were each charged with 6 counts of endangering the welfare of a child. State police say Erin was locked in her room at 5:30pm and wasn't let out until the next morning.
Maxwell was found seriously injured in her home on August 29th. Police say Jones was alone in the home with her at the time and was the one who called 911.
The attorney representing the Maxwell family said during a press conference late last month that the family believed that her death was accidental.
If convicted, Jones faces up to life in prison. The Maxwells face up to a year in prison.