Most Active Stories
- Some billing relief for National Grid customers after bitter winter
- Cortland among counties to pull out of SAFE Act pilot program
- Wegmans takes a stance on genetically modified food
- Groups call growing oil shipments in NY Cuomo's "Keystone" moment
- Nuclear waste facility in political and environmental limbo
More News From WRVO
Audio Postcard: Behind the Scenes at Turning Stone
By Elizabeth Christensen
Verona, NY – Most Central New Yorkers are aware of the Oneida Indian Nation's Turning Stone Casino and Resort in Verona.
The casino has operated, and expanded, since the early 1990s.
But few people realize how much work goes into keeping the resort running 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
WRVO's Elizabeth Christensen prepared this audio postcard of the "casino behind the casino."