Most Active Stories
- National Grid says supply costs, cold temperatures impacted winter electric rate spikes
- New teachers union president wants to increase union's political potency
- Death is hard, but hospice can help patients and families
- Groups call growing oil shipments in NY Cuomo's "Keystone" moment
- App turns social media posts into charity dollars
More News From WRVO
Audio Postcard: Behind the Scenes at Turning Stone
By Elizabeth Christensen
Verona, NY – Most Central New Yorkers are aware of the Oneida Indian Nation's Turning Stone Casino and Resort in Verona.
The casino has operated, and expanded, since the early 1990s.
But few people realize how much work goes into keeping the resort running 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
WRVO's Elizabeth Christensen prepared this audio postcard of the "casino behind the casino."