Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- Audio postcard: Sackets Harbor choral group rehearses
- Winter storm to bring heavy snow to the region Wednesday and Thursday
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
- Oswego County nuclear plant shut down for the second time in less than a week
Performing Arts and Culture
Ayesha Khan Interview
SUNY Oswego's ARTSwego program has been part of a pilot project called, "Caravanserai" which brings Pakistani artists to rural communities to bring better understanding of Muslim entertainment and cultures. WRVO's Mark Lavonier met with filmmaker Ayesha Khan on her recent visit where she gave a talk called, "Women Crossing Boundaries," and showed her recent film, "Made in Pakistan".
You can find information on all of Ayesha Khan's productions on her website.
Caravanserai's next showcase is tomorrow night, featuring singer Arif Lohar.