Most Active Stories
- New York's "local" beef, often not as local as you think
- Remington Arms' owner breaks silence on state's gun laws
- The WRVO MemberCard Thank You! Tour
- Seven years of spinning turbines have brought windfall to Lewis County communities
- Rally hopes to shed light on diagnosis and treatment of Lyme disease
In Bahrain, Report Details Abuses During Uprising
The U.S. State Department says it's urging the government of the Persian Gulf kingdom of Bahrain to act on the findings of a major human rights report that has just been issued. That report details the abuses that took place during and after a mass uprising in Bahrain that was styled after movements in Tunisia and Egypt. The report was commissioned by the government itself and assembled by a team of international legal experts. But it remains to be seen whether it will lead to real reform and dialogue between the ruling Sunni monarchy and the Shiite majority.