Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- Audio postcard: Sackets Harbor choral group rehearses
- Winter storm to bring heavy snow to the region Wednesday and Thursday
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
- Oswego County nuclear plant shut down for the second time in less than a week
Barge traffic increases along Erie Canal
New York's Erie Canal is reviving its history to again be an economic corridor for commercial shipping through upstate New York — after decades of being mostly used by recreational boats.
Shipping from Canada is expected to lead to a level of commercial traffic not seen in decades.
The Innovation Trail's Ryan Delaney filed this report for NPR's Morning Edition:
Correction: The audio version of this story incorrectly identifies the director of the Port of Oswego as Jeffrey Daniels. His name is Jonathan Daniels.