Most Active Stories
- Crashed Air Force drone was flying with gear that couldn't handle cold
- Schumer hopes federal funds will help local brewpub expand
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Small group protests possibility of housing Central American immigrants in Syraucse
- Air Force plane found deep below Lake Ontario from 1952 crash
Beauty Shop: Optional Tax, 'SlutWalk' Opposition
GOP presidential hopeful Rick Perry is proposing an optional 20 percent flat tax plan. An open letter by black women is raising concerns about the 'SlutWalk' movement, which aims to empower females. Singer Mariah Carey is getting criticism for her comment on 20/20 that she "sometimes" trusts her husband. Weighing in are the Beauty Shop women: pop culture and politics blogger Danielle Belton,U.S. News and World Report Columnist Mary Kate Cary, 'The Wise Latina Club' Blogger-in-Chief Viviana Hurtado, and TheRoot.com Reporter Cynthia Gordy.