Most Active Stories
- Beginning of college marks transition period for students and parents
- Syracuse University named top campus for LGBT students
- North Country lawmaker, group, working to save Fort Drum jobs
- Port of Oswego says increase in aluminum shipments puts it on pace for record season
- Classic midway prize missing from this year's state fair
Beauty Shop: Optional Tax, 'SlutWalk' Opposition
GOP presidential hopeful Rick Perry is proposing an optional 20 percent flat tax plan. An open letter by black women is raising concerns about the 'SlutWalk' movement, which aims to empower females. Singer Mariah Carey is getting criticism for her comment on 20/20 that she "sometimes" trusts her husband. Weighing in are the Beauty Shop women: pop culture and politics blogger Danielle Belton,U.S. News and World Report Columnist Mary Kate Cary, 'The Wise Latina Club' Blogger-in-Chief Viviana Hurtado, and TheRoot.com Reporter Cynthia Gordy.