Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- Audio postcard: Sackets Harbor choral group rehearses
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
- Drone test site secures half its startup funding with state grant
- World War II veteran honored with Purple Heart 70 years after turning it down
Beauty Shop: Optional Tax, 'SlutWalk' Opposition
GOP presidential hopeful Rick Perry is proposing an optional 20 percent flat tax plan. An open letter by black women is raising concerns about the 'SlutWalk' movement, which aims to empower females. Singer Mariah Carey is getting criticism for her comment on 20/20 that she "sometimes" trusts her husband. Weighing in are the Beauty Shop women: pop culture and politics blogger Danielle Belton,U.S. News and World Report Columnist Mary Kate Cary, 'The Wise Latina Club' Blogger-in-Chief Viviana Hurtado, and TheRoot.com Reporter Cynthia Gordy.