Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- Audio postcard: Sackets Harbor choral group rehearses
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
- BP killing Cape Vincent Wind Farm
- Drone test site secures half its startup funding with state grant
Beer Sustains Man Stranded In Snow For 3 Days
A Nome, Alaska, man went on a long drive and got stuck in a snowbank with no provisions — except cans of beer, frozen solid. Rescuers found him alive three days later. He had cut the lids off the beer and eaten the stuff like cans of beans.