Most Active Stories
- Some billing relief for National Grid customers after bitter winter
- Cortland among counties to pull out of SAFE Act pilot program
- Wegmans takes a stance on genetically modified food
- Groups call growing oil shipments in NY Cuomo's "Keystone" moment
- Nuclear waste facility in political and environmental limbo
Bernie Fine case a series of missed opportunities
There won't be any charges filed in New York State against former Syracuse University assistant basketball coach Bernie Fine in the wake of an investigation by the Onondaga County District Attorney's office. District Attorney Bill Fitzpatrick says the statute of limitations precludes that.
But in speaking to the media on Wednesday. Fitzpatrick says the accusations of sex abuse two men against fine were credible. As WRVO's Ellen Abbott reports, the story of these allegations against fine read like a series of missed opportunities.