Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- BP killing Cape Vincent Wind Farm
- Geddes town supervisor talks SAFE Act with Cuomo
- Growing plants from seed ensures getting what you paid for
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
Binges Of 'High-Beta Rich' Shake Up U.S. Economy
"The rich are not only getting richer, they are becoming more dangerous," Robert Frank writes in his new book The High-Beta Rich: How the Manic Wealthy Will Take Us to the Next Boom, Bubble and Bust.
The spending binges of the top 1%, he says, are "the most unstable force in the economy."
Frank talks with NPR's Neal Conan about how some of the inhabitants of Richistan — a land of private jets, yachts and million-dollar watches — have lost their fortunes, and taken average Americans with them.