Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- Audio postcard: Sackets Harbor choral group rehearses
- Winter storm to bring heavy snow to the region Wednesday and Thursday
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
- Oswego County nuclear plant shut down for the second time in less than a week
Biologists Solve Surfing Snails Mystery
Violet snails may be some of the best surfers around, but how the ocean snails develop their little rafts has been a mystery. Biologists have now figured out that the surfing snails ascended from evolutionary relatives on the ocean floor. The surfboard evolved from the snails' egg packet.