Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- Audio postcard: Sackets Harbor choral group rehearses
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
- BP killing Cape Vincent Wind Farm
- Drone test site secures half its startup funding with state grant
Politics and Government
Bob Dougherty on the Campbell Conversations
Bob Dougherty is new to politics, but in his first year on the Syracuse Common Council, he's been drinking from a fire hose.
Given the current political climate- both national and local- why did he choose now to become involved?
How has he found his first year in public office?
What experiences have validated his original impulse to serve and what have challenged it?
Consider Dougherty's answers, and see if you too might want to try this at home.