Most Active Stories
- Some billing relief for National Grid customers after bitter winter
- Cortland among counties to pull out of SAFE Act pilot program
- Wegmans takes a stance on genetically modified food
- String of heroin overdoses stresses prevention drug training
- Groups call growing oil shipments in NY Cuomo's "Keystone" moment
Boeing Seals Major Aircraft Order With Emirates
RENEE MONTAGNE, host: NPR's business news starts with a big deal from Boeing. Think of this as a reminder that some things still are made in the U.S. Boeing has announced the most valuable order for commercial aircraft in its history. At the Dubai Air Show over the weekend, the U.S. company announced a deal to sell 50 planes to Emirates, the big Persian Gulf carrier based in Dubai. Boeing beat out Europe's Airbus for the $18 billion deal. And the deal also helps General Electric, which makes the engines. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright National Public Radio.