Most Active Stories
- National Grid says supply costs, cold temperatures impacted winter electric rate spikes
- Groups call growing oil shipments in NY Cuomo's "Keystone" moment
- New teachers union president wants to increase union's political potency
- Death is hard, but hospice can help patients and families
- App turns social media posts into charity dollars
Brazile & Steele: Keeping The Dream Alive
Originally published on Mon August 26, 2013 1:54 pm
The nation is marking the 50th anniversary of the historic March on Washington this week. Tens of thousands traced the path of civil rights leaders and foot soldiers in the nation's capital this weekend. On Wednesday, President Obama will speak from the Lincoln Memorial, just as Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. and other speakers did back in 1963. Tell Me More reflects on the role political activism played and is continuing to play in the civil rights movement.
Host Michel Martin speaks with two prominent political thinkers: Michael Steele, former Lieutenant Governor of Maryland and former chair of the Republican National Committee; and Donna Brazile, vice chair of Voter Registration and Participation at the Democratic National Committee, and founder of the consulting firm, Brazile and Associates, LLC.