Most Active Stories
- Empire Brewing Company says new brewery will create distinctive craft beers
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Duffy will keep thoughts to himself on Moreland Commission
- No bones about it, Utica College students learn more than anthropology in Albania
- Novelis defends itself in court against allegations of influencing union vote
Brazilian Soccer Team Is Full Of Stars
Originally published on Wed August 14, 2013 9:16 am
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
Good morning, I'm David Greene.
What do John Lennon, Michael Jackson and Mahatma Gandhi have in common? You guessed it: They all play for the same Brazilian soccer team. The team is Atletico Goianiense. They just signed a striker named Carlos Adriano Souza Cruz. He's better known as Adriano Michael Jackson for his smooth celebration dances. Brazilian players often go by nicknames, even putting them on their jerseys. Just ask national team player Hulk. He's the one who looks like actor Lou Ferrigno.
It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.