Most Active Stories
- Crashed Air Force drone was flying with gear that couldn't handle cold
- Empire Brewing Company says new brewery will create distinctive craft beers
- Schumer hopes federal funds will help local brewpub expand
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Small group protests possibility of housing Central American immigrants in Syraucse
Buckingham Guards' Snack Fancy Reportedly Riled Queen
Originally published on Fri December 13, 2013 7:52 am
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
Good morning, I'm David Greene.
Apparently, the queen of England is going nuts about Buckingham Palace Guards snacking on the job. This is a detail that came out during the long trial of defunct Murdoch tabloid News of the World. According to emails read in court, the queen's staff placed bowls of nuts around the palace for her. But royal police roaming the corridors couldn't resist. So her highness drew lines on the bowls to keep track of the snack levels.
Man, for these cops, what a royal pain.
You're listening to MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.