Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- Audio postcard: Sackets Harbor choral group rehearses
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
- Drone test site secures half its startup funding with state grant
- World War II veteran honored with Purple Heart 70 years after turning it down
More News From WRVO
Budget Cuts and Tuition Increases Possible for SUNY
By Jason Smith, Chris Ulanowski
Oswego, NY – The SUNY Board of Trustees will vote on a 3.1% reduction in spending for each SUNY campus, and SUNY presidents have recommended a tuition increase of $1,090 per year.
WRVO's Jason Smith spoke with SUNY ESF President Neil Murphy and SUNY Oswego President Deborah Stanley about the cuts.
WRVO's Chris Ulanowski has reaction from some SUNY Oswego students on how the cuts may affect them.
*WRVO news intern Mike Benjamin contributed to this report.