Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- BP killing Cape Vincent Wind Farm
- Geddes town supervisor talks SAFE Act with Cuomo
- Growing plants from seed ensures getting what you paid for
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
More News From WRVO
Budget Cuts and Tuition Increases Possible for SUNY
By Jason Smith, Chris Ulanowski
Oswego, NY – The SUNY Board of Trustees will vote on a 3.1% reduction in spending for each SUNY campus, and SUNY presidents have recommended a tuition increase of $1,090 per year.
WRVO's Jason Smith spoke with SUNY ESF President Neil Murphy and SUNY Oswego President Deborah Stanley about the cuts.
WRVO's Chris Ulanowski has reaction from some SUNY Oswego students on how the cuts may affect them.
*WRVO news intern Mike Benjamin contributed to this report.