Most Active Stories
- National Grid says supply costs, cold temperatures impacted winter electric rate spikes
- Groups call growing oil shipments in NY Cuomo's "Keystone" moment
- Death is hard, but hospice can help patients and families
- New teachers union president wants to increase union's political potency
- App turns social media posts into charity dollars
More News From WRVO
Budget Cuts and Tuition Increases Possible for SUNY
By Jason Smith, Chris Ulanowski
Oswego, NY – The SUNY Board of Trustees will vote on a 3.1% reduction in spending for each SUNY campus, and SUNY presidents have recommended a tuition increase of $1,090 per year.
WRVO's Jason Smith spoke with SUNY ESF President Neil Murphy and SUNY Oswego President Deborah Stanley about the cuts.
WRVO's Chris Ulanowski has reaction from some SUNY Oswego students on how the cuts may affect them.
*WRVO news intern Mike Benjamin contributed to this report.