Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- BP killing Cape Vincent Wind Farm
- Audio postcard: Sackets Harbor choral group rehearses
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
- Geddes town supervisor talks SAFE Act with Cuomo
More News From WRVO
Budget Cuts May Keep College Teaching Grads From Jobs
By Jasmyn Belcher
Oswego, NY – Many school districts across the state and around the region are making plans to cut dozens and sometimes hundreds of teachers as they face budget cuts.
This may be good for taxpayers, but not so good for the men and women who want to be teachers. When it comes to jobs, recent college grads with no experience may find that tenured teachers are jumping in line ahead of them.
WRVO's Jasmyn Belcher visited an education class at SUNY Oswego to find out what students can do...and what they are doing to prepare for a tough job climate.
Photos by: Jasmyn Belcher