Most Active Stories
- National Grid says supply costs, cold temperatures impacted winter electric rate spikes
- Groups call growing oil shipments in NY Cuomo's "Keystone" moment
- Death is hard, but hospice can help patients and families
- Nuclear waste facility in political and environmental limbo
- New teachers union president wants to increase union's political potency
More News From WRVO
Budget Cuts May Keep College Teaching Grads From Jobs
By Jasmyn Belcher
Oswego, NY – Many school districts across the state and around the region are making plans to cut dozens and sometimes hundreds of teachers as they face budget cuts.
This may be good for taxpayers, but not so good for the men and women who want to be teachers. When it comes to jobs, recent college grads with no experience may find that tenured teachers are jumping in line ahead of them.
WRVO's Jasmyn Belcher visited an education class at SUNY Oswego to find out what students can do...and what they are doing to prepare for a tough job climate.
Photos by: Jasmyn Belcher