Most Active Stories
- Groups call growing oil shipments in NY Cuomo's "Keystone" moment
- National Grid says supply costs, cold temperatures impacted winter electric rate spikes
- Death is hard, but hospice can help patients and families
- Nuclear waste facility in political and environmental limbo
- App turns social media posts into charity dollars
Originally published on Wed December 26, 2012 7:23 am
Holiday Sales rose by less than 1 percent from the year before, according to MasterCard's SpendingPulse unit. That's the slowest growth in spending since the 2008 recession. Even online sales — which posted double digit gains over the past few years — were lackluster this year.