Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- Audio postcard: Sackets Harbor choral group rehearses
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
- Winter storm to bring heavy snow to the region Wednesday and Thursday
- Oswego County nuclear plant shut down for the second time in less than a week
Originally published on Fri January 20, 2012 7:54 am
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
NPR's business news starts with IKEA's success building.
The largest furniture maker in the world is ending the week with a bang. Sweden's IKEA posted, today, a record profit for its 2010, 2011 fiscal year. Net profit was up more than 10 percent to $3.8 billion. The company saw its biggest gains in China, in Russia and in Poland. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.