Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- Audio postcard: Sackets Harbor choral group rehearses
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
- BP killing Cape Vincent Wind Farm
- Drone test site secures half its startup funding with state grant
More News From WRVO
By Jeremy Hanlon
Syracuse, NY – Imagine taking 800 pounds of butter and sculpting it into a piece of art or at least an attraction that draws thousands of visitors. Butter sculptures have been regular exhibits at state fairs here in New York and in other dairy-producing states for decades.
But there's something different that will set this year's butter sculpture at the Great New York State Fair apart from all the rest. Jeremy Hanlon reports.