Most Active Stories
- National Grid says supply costs, cold temperatures impacted winter electric rate spikes
- Groups call growing oil shipments in NY Cuomo's "Keystone" moment
- Death is hard, but hospice can help patients and families
- New teachers union president wants to increase union's political potency
- App turns social media posts into charity dollars
More News From WRVO
A Call for Harsher D-W-I Penalties
By Chris Ulanowski
Oswego, NY – A state lawmaker from Syracuse is seizing upon the fatal boating mishap in the Adirondacks last weekend as a reason to strengthen New York's D-W-I laws.
The mishap occurred when a boat traveling at a high of speed struck an island on Fourth Lake early Sunday morning.
The accident resulted in the death of a 21-year old Syracuse woman...the injury of three other passengers and vehicular manslaughter and boating while intoxicated charges filed against the boat operator who has a D-W-I record.
WRVO's Chris Ulanowski spoke to State Senator John Defrancisco who has crafted legislation that would increase D-W-I penalties in such cases.