Most Active Stories
- Crashed Air Force drone was flying with gear that couldn't handle cold
- Empire Brewing Company says new brewery will create distinctive craft beers
- Schumer hopes federal funds will help local brewpub expand
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Small group protests possibility of housing Central American immigrants in Syraucse
More News From WRVO
A Call for Harsher D-W-I Penalties
By Chris Ulanowski
Oswego, NY – A state lawmaker from Syracuse is seizing upon the fatal boating mishap in the Adirondacks last weekend as a reason to strengthen New York's D-W-I laws.
The mishap occurred when a boat traveling at a high of speed struck an island on Fourth Lake early Sunday morning.
The accident resulted in the death of a 21-year old Syracuse woman...the injury of three other passengers and vehicular manslaughter and boating while intoxicated charges filed against the boat operator who has a D-W-I record.
WRVO's Chris Ulanowski spoke to State Senator John Defrancisco who has crafted legislation that would increase D-W-I penalties in such cases.