Most Active Stories
- Some billing relief for National Grid customers after bitter winter
- Cortland among counties to pull out of SAFE Act pilot program
- Wegmans takes a stance on genetically modified food
- Groups call growing oil shipments in NY Cuomo's "Keystone" moment
- Nuclear waste facility in political and environmental limbo
Can Arab Spring Improve Lives Of Women?
New governments are forming in the Middle East and North Africa, and women are behind many of the calls for change. Asma Khader is trying to make sure women's voices are heard. She's also one of three investigators who documented human rights abuses in Libya. She'll brief the U.S. Senate this week on challenges to democracy. She speaks with host Michel Martin.