Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- Audio postcard: Sackets Harbor choral group rehearses
- Winter storm brings heavy snow to the region
- Closings and cancelations for Wednesday
- Oswego County nuclear plant shut down for the second time in less than a week
Around the Nation
Canada Is Ready For Attacking Zombies
Originally published on Fri February 15, 2013 3:05 am
LINDA WERTHEIMER, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Linda Wertheimer. This summer, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention released Preparedness 101, a just-in-case guide for of a zombie pandemic. Yesterday, a Canadian parliament member asked the foreign minister how his country's preparing for zombies. The foreign minister said he's dedicated to the proposition that...
(SOUNDBITE OF PARLIAMENT SESSION)
JOHN BAIRD: Canada will never become a safe haven for zombies, ever.
UNIDENTIFIED MAN: Here, here!
WERTHEIMER: It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.