Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- BP killing Cape Vincent Wind Farm
- Geddes town supervisor talks SAFE Act with Cuomo
- Growing plants from seed ensures getting what you paid for
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
Cary Nelson on the Campbell Conversations
Are colleges and universities failing to meet proper ethical standards in the treatment of their faculties? In this edition of the Campbell Conversations, Cary Nelson, a recent past president of the American Association of University Professors and the author of No University Is an Island, argues that many schools are falling short, and that the explosion of what he calls contingent faculty--the faculty outside of the tenure system--hurts all higher education, and furthers social and educational inequalities.