Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- BP killing Cape Vincent Wind Farm
- Geddes town supervisor talks SAFE Act with Cuomo
- Growing plants from seed ensures getting what you paid for
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
More News From WRVO
Cayuga Tribe to Buy Land in Central New York
Cayuaga County – An attorney working with the Seneca-Cayuga Nation of Oklahoma says the tribe has purchased 250 acres of land in the towns of Aurelius and Montezuma in Cayuga county.
The acreage is located within the 60,000 acred being claimed by the Cayuga Nation of New York.
This purchase comes just after the Seneca-Cayugas retained the mall developer Wilmorite to seek out sites that may be appropriate for a future casino.
The tribe is not commenting on whether they will try to enter into a casino compact with New York State.
The land purchased is a short drive from the Waterloo Premium Outlet mall and if a casino was built, it could mean more economic development for the Fingerlakes region.