Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- Audio postcard: Sackets Harbor choral group rehearses
- Winter storm to bring heavy snow to the region Wednesday and Thursday
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
- Oswego County nuclear plant shut down for the second time in less than a week
More News From WRVO
By Chris Ulanowski
Oswego, NY – The State Association of convenience stores is sharply critical today of Governor Spitzer's decision to drop plans to collect sales taxes on cigarettes and gasoline sold by Native American merchants to non-Indians.
The decision reneges on Spitzer's campaign promise last year and will result in the loss of an estimated 200 million dollars to the state.
WRVO's Chris Ulanowski spoke to the President of the Convenience Store Association....Jim Calvin.