Most Active Stories
- Empire Brewing Company says new brewery will create distinctive craft beers
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Duffy will keep thoughts to himself on Moreland Commission
- Tell Me More will leave WRVO's midday schedule; Q with Jian Ghomeshi moves in
- Novelis defends itself in court against allegations of influencing union vote
More News From WRVO
City-County Agreement on Onondaga Lake
By Chris Ulanowski
Syracuse, NY – One day after the City of Syracuse and Onondaga County reached a tentative agreement to end years of legal fighting over the siting of new sewage treatment facilities in the city, two developers publically announced plans for separate parking facilities.
The city-county agreement gives the city permission to build a treatment plant in Syracuse's Armory Square District. The county in turn will provide millions of dollars for improvements in targeted city neighborhoods.
Onondaga County Executive Nicholas Pirro brokered the deal with Syracuse Mayor Matt Driscoll. WRVO's Chris Ulanowski spoke to the county executive.