Most Active Stories
- Groups call growing oil shipments in NY Cuomo's "Keystone" moment
- National Grid says supply costs, cold temperatures impacted winter electric rate spikes
- Death is hard, but hospice can help patients and families
- Nuclear waste facility in political and environmental limbo
- App turns social media posts into charity dollars
More News From WRVO
Clinton: Bush Needs to Release Homeland Security Funds
By Elizabeth Christensen
Washington, DC – New York's Junior Senator says fiscal mismanagement on the part of the Bush administration will compromise the effectiveness of the newly created Homeland Security Department.
Democrat Hillary Clinton says if the president wants the states to take a lead role in homeland defense, he must release the funds to local agencies earlier than Spring 2003.
Clinton made her comments in response to an announcement by Bush officials on Tuesday that Homeland Security payments would be delayed.
Clinton has been pushing for a block grant act that would distribute Homeland Security funds directly to local law enforcement officials.
CLICK on the icon above to hear more from Senator Hillary Clinton about Homeland Security funding.