Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- BP killing Cape Vincent Wind Farm
- Audio postcard: Sackets Harbor choral group rehearses
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
- Geddes town supervisor talks SAFE Act with Cuomo
More News From WRVO
Clinton: Bush Needs to Release Homeland Security Funds
By Elizabeth Christensen
Washington, DC – New York's Junior Senator says fiscal mismanagement on the part of the Bush administration will compromise the effectiveness of the newly created Homeland Security Department.
Democrat Hillary Clinton says if the president wants the states to take a lead role in homeland defense, he must release the funds to local agencies earlier than Spring 2003.
Clinton made her comments in response to an announcement by Bush officials on Tuesday that Homeland Security payments would be delayed.
Clinton has been pushing for a block grant act that would distribute Homeland Security funds directly to local law enforcement officials.
CLICK on the icon above to hear more from Senator Hillary Clinton about Homeland Security funding.