Most Active Stories
- Some billing relief for National Grid customers after bitter winter
- Cortland among counties to pull out of SAFE Act pilot program
- Wegmans takes a stance on genetically modified food
- Groups call growing oil shipments in NY Cuomo's "Keystone" moment
- Nuclear waste facility in political and environmental limbo
More News From WRVO
CNY Lawmaker Promoted to #2 in State Senate
By Jason Smith
Oswego, NY – A central New York State Senator has been promoted to one of the highest positions in state government.
Democrat Dave Valesky will serve as Vice President Pro Tempore in the Senate, which is the second highest position behind Majority Leader Malcolm Smith.
WRVO's Jason Smith spoke with Valesky about his appointment.