Most Active Stories
- Groups call growing oil shipments in NY Cuomo's "Keystone" moment
- National Grid says supply costs, cold temperatures impacted winter electric rate spikes
- Nuclear waste facility in political and environmental limbo
- Death is hard, but hospice can help patients and families
- App turns social media posts into charity dollars
More News From WRVO
CNY Lawmaker Promoted to #2 in State Senate
By Jason Smith
Oswego, NY – A central New York State Senator has been promoted to one of the highest positions in state government.
Democrat Dave Valesky will serve as Vice President Pro Tempore in the Senate, which is the second highest position behind Majority Leader Malcolm Smith.
WRVO's Jason Smith spoke with Valesky about his appointment.